The Alliant Energy Foundation’s Impact Grants support strategic projects that directly benefit Alliant Energy customers and communities.
NEW! In 2021, we’re taking a more intentional approach to our charity and community support. Instead of following grant application cycles, the Foundation will approach nonprofit partners to collaborate on Impact Grants year-round. Grant recipients will work closely with Foundation staff on high-impact projects that align with our strategy. It’s all about maximizing our resources to build stronger communities, together.
About Impact Grants:
- Impact Grants start at $5,000 or more.
- Projects will support our four focus areas: Hunger and Housing, Workforce Readiness, Environmental Stewardship and Diversity, Safety and Well-being.
- Impact Grants are co-created. Organizations work directly with our Foundation staff to align with our community objectives.
- Projects will reinforce Alliant Energy’s Core Values and Energy for Good brand.
- One-time projects that align with our focus areas are a good fit for this program.
- Most organizations will not receive grants in consecutive years.
Please review our list of projects we don’t fund.
We are only able to give grants to 501(c)(3) nonprofit organizations with a valid IRS tax ID (EIN); a governmental unit, town, village or a city; or an accredited school, college or university. Churches are not eligible.
Impact Grants will fit into one of our four primary focus areas and projects we fund, supporting Alliant Energy’s key initiatives.
Impact Grant recipients work directly with our Foundation staff on a project or program. Here’s an example of what the grant process may look like:
- Make an initial contact with our staff. Fill out this quickpre-application form to tell us a little about the project you’d like to collaborate on.
- We’ll respond and set up a time to discuss your idea in more detail. We may schedule additional meetings for more complex projects.
- If approved to advance, you’ll receive a unique invitation code to complete a proposal in our CyberGrants application portal.
- Within 30 days, our team will review the proposal and respond to your request.
If you already have an invitation code or would like to view a previously submitted application, please visit our Impact Grant application portal.