Energy for Good - Stories from our community partners
Alliant Energy Foundation
We partner with our customers and communities to solve problems, create opportunities and help make life better through our community grant and scholarship programs.
A legacy of community grants and scholarships
Our charitable foundation helps improve the quality of life in the communities where Alliant Energy has a presence. The Foundation's community grant and scholarship programs reflect a commitment to play an active role in Iowa and Wisconsin and give back to future generations in the communities we serve. In the past 20 years, we have given back more than $50 million through the Foundation.
Our grant and scholarship recipients are critical in helping us achieve a vision where everyone has the opportunity to live a life that’s healthy, safe and productive. We’re passionate about what we do, because we care about our residents and the communities where they live. We provide financial support for nonprofit organizations and charities that share our commitment.
Areas we fund
Through our Community Grants and Hometown Safety Grants, we support nonprofits and community partners in four major categories: helping families, education, the environment, and safety initiatives.
- Helping Families: The helping families category funds community programs that offer families tools for meeting their basic needs and helping them thrive. This includes food pantries, housing support, domestic and child abuse intervention, adult education, afterschool and summer programs.
- Education: The education category funds grants for programs such as: job training, mentoring, public library support, financial literacy and STEM (science, technology, engineering and math) education, which align with our business and help develop the Alliant Energy employees of tomorrow.
- Environment: We provide environmental grants to organizations that seek to educate, inform and advance environmental issues that have the potential to impact our communities.
- Safety: Local police, fire and ambulance services have received funding that put essential life-saving tools into the hands of a community’s first responders.
Learn more about Community Grants or Hometown Safety Grants.
Alliant Energy awards scholarships to students in Iowa and Wisconsin who have demonstrated academic excellence and leadership in their community, or who have an interest in energy-related fields of study. Learn more about Alliant Energy scholarships.
Who we are
The Alliant Energy Foundation is an independent, nonprofit philanthropic organization. The Foundation is funded solely by shareowner dollars from Alliant Energy Corporation and dedicated to improving the quality of life in the communities where Alliant Energy has a presence.
The Foundation is governed by a board of directors. The board, composed of officers and leaders of Alliant Energy Corporation or its subsidiaries, reviews Foundation program guidelines to ensure they reflect our values, mission and giving strategy.
Alliant Energy Foundation board of directors
- Bob Bartlett, Director – Public & Community Affairs
- Kevin Burke, President – Alliant Energy Transportation
- Jim Gallegos, Senior Vice President - General Counsel & Corporate Secretary
- John Larsen, President – Alliant Energy
- Linda Mattes, Vice President – Customer Operations
- Robert Durian, Senior Vice President – Chief Financial Officer and Treasurer
Alliant Energy Foundation officers
- President: Jim Gallegos
- Vice President: Kevin Burke
- Secretary: Julie Bauer
- Treasurer: Colleen Thomas
Alliant Energy Foundation staff
- Julie Bauer – Executive Director
- Adam Erdmann – Community Affairs Program Manager (Wisconsin)
- Leah Rodenberg – Senior Community Affairs Program Manager (Iowa)