How do I request a payment arrangement?

If you can't pay your bill in full by your due date, call us right away. We can help you set up a payment plan (extension) to delay your current due date, or a payment arrangement to pay past-due bills over an extended period of time.

You can request a payment arrangement (30-day extension) by logging in to My Account. After logging in, select Billing & Payment from the left-hand menu. You may also call us at 1-800-ALLIANT (800-255-4268).

Please do not email your request for an extension or payment arrangement. Alliant Energy field service personnel cannot accept payments in person.

How does it work?

We'll work with you to determine a manageable payment amount and schedule, considering such factors as:

  • The size of your past due bill
  • How long your bill has been past due
  • Your payment history
  • Reasons your bill is past due

If you qualify, we may also refer you to a community action agency for energy assistance.

To avoid service disconnection, it is very important to take action on past due bills immediately.

  • If we must disconnect your service, we cannot guarantee same-day reconnection. (Exception: November 1 through April 1 for Iowa customers.)
  • If your service has been disconnected for nonpayment, you will be charged an additional fee for reconnection.
Trouble paying your bill?

Assistance and financing programs are available.

learn more

Choose how you pay your bill

We have a variety of payment options to suit your lifestyle.

learn more