We work hard to make sure you don’t lose power. But, if a summer storm does leave you in the dark, here’s what to know:
- Your meter automatically tells us you’re without power so you don’t have to contact us.
- Sign up in My Account to receive outage alerts by text, email or phone. Outage alerts let you know when your power goes out (helpful if you’re not home at the time) and what time you can expect the power to be back on.
- See a map of all current outages at: alliantenergy.com/outage.
Stay in the know this summer. Enroll in My Account and outage alerts today at alliantenergy.com/myaccount.
Heating and cooling your home uses a lot of energy. On some extremely hot or cold days, demand for energy spikes and it becomes expensive to get power to everyone who needs it.
Enroll in Smart Hours and you’ll save energy and money. Once you’re enrolled, we’ll adjust your thermostat a few degrees on really hot or cold days when energy demand is high. Plus, you could earn up to $200 in rewards.
Four steps to $200 in rewards
1. Purchase an eligible thermostat
- Select from major brands like ecobee and Google.
2. Join Smart Hours
- Enroll and receive $50 reward.
3. Submit rebate
- Get a rebate up to $100 on a qualifying learning thermostat at alliantenergy.com/rebates.
4. Receive a participation bonus
- Get a $25 reward each season (summer and winter) you participate in the program.
Google Nest thermostat, Google Nest and other marks are trademarks of Google LLC.
June is Pride month -- the time of year we celebrate our LGBTQ+ community. Flying a Pride flag is a wonderful way to show your support.
What are we doing at Alliant Energy?
- We’ll be flying Pride flags and our Downtown Cedar Rapids Tower will be lit in rainbow colors.
- We’ll provide articles and Lunch & Learns for our employees to learn about LGBTQ+ issues.
- We provide continuous support to LGBTQ+ nonprofit organizations.
What can you do to show your support?
- Send a Happy Pride card.
- Make a donation to GSAFE, the Human Rights Campaign or another LGBTQ+ nonprofit organization.
- Share your rainbow! Fly a Pride flag at your home or dress in Pride gear.
We’d love for you to share your rainbow with us! Show us how your community is celebrating Pride by posting a picture on social media and tagging Alliant Energy in your post – don’t forget to use the hashtag #ShareYourRainbow.