For information during a power outage, sign up to receive Account Alerts by text or email.
Account Alerts will let you:
- Text OUT to report an outage
- Know when there’s an outage in your area and the estimated time to restore power
- Know the cause of the outage
Sign up today! Text REG to 255255 to register, or visit alliantenergy.com/accountalerts for more information. Message and data rates may apply.
Before the storm
- Know where your electrical panel is located.
- Unplug sensitive electrical equipment.
- Inspect any alternative energy sources such as generators to make sure they are working safely.
- Know where your main natural gas connection is in case you need to shut it off.
During the storm
- Report your outage at 1-800-ALLIANT, through our app or alliantenergy.com/outage.
- Don’t use candles for light. The risk of fire is too great.
- Unplug as many appliances as possible. This will prevent damage from a power surge when power is restored.
- If outside, don’t allow anyone to touch or drive over a power line. Always assume a downed line is dangerous, even if it’s not jumping or sparking.
- If you experience flooding that affects your appliances, call us to have your utilities shut off.
After the storm
- If you have unplugged appliances, plug them back in one by one when power has been restored to avoid overloading a circuit.
- If you have damage to your home, it may need to be repaired to receive electricity or gas. If you need work done, use a trusted local contractor.
- Check the area for downed power lines, especially when clearing broken tree branches. If you see one, assume it is dangerous and contact us immediately.