Whether you’re heading to the grocery store or hauling skis to the slopes, an electric vehicle (EV) can get you where you want to go. With more than 40 models available including sedans, SUVs and minivans, you can find an EV that fits your lifestyle. The choice is yours.
Get the full experience of driving electric from two types of EVs:
Battery electric vehicle
- Uses a battery to store electric energy that powers the motor
- Charges battery by plugging into an electric power source
- Can travel more than 200 miles on one charge
Plug-in hybrid electric vehicle
- Powered by an internal combustion engine and electric motor that uses energy from an on-board battery
- Plugs into electric power source to charge on-board battery
- Can travel over 50 miles in all-electric mode and more than 400 total miles before refueling
EVs are cheaper to operate, require less maintenance and produce fewer emissions than traditional gas-powered vehicles. And now with over 1 million EVs on U.S. roads, you can’t go wrong driving electric.
Visit alliantenergy.com/ev to learn more.
Say hello to the brand-new alliantenergykids.com.
The new website offers awesome energy resources for teachers and middle school students – all designed to meet core standards:
- Information on renewable energy and the latest and greatest in energy innovations
- Activities and experiments demonstrating energy concepts
- Animated glossary of energy terms
- “Ask the expert” articles with kid-friendly answers to important energy questions
- Plus, best of all – five teaching modules to fill a whole unit on energy, including renewable energy, energy efficiency, home conservation and safety
Find it all at alliantenergykids.com.