To deliver the energy solutions and exceptional service that our customers and communities count on – safely, efficiently and responsibly.
Operations at a glance
Number of electric customers
Number of natural gas customers
Number of employees
Operating revenues (year-end 2016)
|Total assets (year-end 2016)
|Service area||54,369 square miles in Iowa and Wisconsin|
|Miles of electric lines||42,035|
|Miles of natural gas main||9,426|
|Electric generation||31 million megawatt-hours per year
|Maximum summer peak hour demand||5,615 megawatts|
|Utility natural gas sold and transported||122,797 (thousands of dekatherms)mi|
All numbers are approximations.
Alliant Energy has two energy generation and distribution subsidiaries, one in Wisconsin and one in Iowa. The company has a strategic plan built upon two key elements: Growth and Optimization.
- Growth - The growth element of the strategic plan includes accelerating the growth of customers’ electric and gas usage and expanding our portfolio of energy resources to include additional clean and renewable energy.
- Optimization - The second key element of the strategic plan focuses resources on providing reliable electric and natural gas service to customers in our Iowa and Wisconsin service areas. We do this through continued modernization of the power grid, upgrades to the gas distribution system and optimization of the generation fleet.
Alliant Energy owns a portfolio of electric generating facilities operating on a diverse mix of fuels, including coal, natural gas and renewable resources. The output from these generating facilities is supplemented with purchased power.
Alliant Energy Resources is the parent company of Alliant Energy’s non-regulated businesses. The strategic plan for Alliant Energy’s non-regulated operations involves maintaining a portfolio of businesses that add to earnings but do not require significant amounts of capital.
Learn more about our non-regulated businesses
Alliant Energy Corporate Services, Inc., supports the company with traditional administrative functions including strategy, accounting, communications, legal, regulatory, information technology, environmental and safety management and more.
Our six Core Values shape everything we do.
- Live safety. Everyone. Always. Our first priority is that nobody gets hurt.
- Do the right thing. We keep our promises and conduct our business openly and honestly.
- Care for others. Together we create a workplace where people feel like they belong and can use their unique backgrounds, talents and perspectives to their fullest potential.
- Make things better. We partner with our customers and communities to solve problems, create opportunities and help make life better.
- Act for tomorrow. We use resources wisely, care for the environment and continuously improve ourselves and our company.
- Think beyond. Be bold. We create and embrace change, innovate beyond current practices and use our curiosity to find new solutions.
A message from our Corporate Compliance department
Honesty and integrity have always been important to Alliant Energy, and we’re proud to be a company that values ethical behavior and understands the importance of compliance.
To ensure a continued focus on integrity and compliance, we offer a toll-free Ethics Hotline and a Web Reporting System run by an independent company.
Employees, customers, suppliers or any concerned citizen can call 1-800-241-5689 at any time to speak confidentially with a professional interviewer who is trained in taking down information about potentially unethical behavior. The Web Reporting System is also available at www.reportlineweb.com/AlliantEnergy for reporting potentially unethical behavior.
If you have a question about the Alliant Energy Code of Conduct, please email us at DL_ethics@alliantenergy.com.