Emergency? Call 1-800-ALLIANT (800-255-4268)

Pole Attachment Requests

Pole Attachment Image

What do you need to do?

  1. Apply for a Master Pole Agreement (if one is not on file with Alliant Energy).
  2. Request an attachment to Alliant Energy poles for wire, cable or fiber projects.
  3. Notify Alliant Energy of removal of a pole attachment – Please fill out the Pole Attachment Removal form and follow the instructions located at the bottom of the form to send it back to us.

New! Online tracking system

With Alliant Energy’s new Pole Attachment Tracking System, you can submit and manage your agreements online, and receive data and status updates electronically.

Get started by creating an account.
Please Note: All Alliant Energy engineering and survey costs associated with the pole attachment request is billable to the company requesting to attach regardless of the need for make-ready or attachment approval.  Additionally, even if the pole attachment request is later cancelled, the company requesting to attach will still be responsible for the engineering and survey costs.  If violations are found, approval will be denied until corrections have been made.

Wireless/Antenna attachment requests

Please Note: Wireless/antenna attachment requests are currently considered on a case-by-case basis. Contact us to initiate the review process.


ITC pole attachment requests