Costs per participation level
The chart below estimates your average monthly participation costs in Minnesota and the minimal difference this extra cost will have on your bill.*
|Monthly electric use||25% level (+ $0.005/kWh)||50% level (+ $0.01/kWh)||100% level (+ $0.02/kWh)|
* The energy supply cost (Rider 1M) will be modified such that kWh billed under the Second Nature Program shall reflect a charge of -$0.01053 per kWh applied to total metered kWh times the customer designated Second Nature participation level percent, and the adjustment amount computed under Rider 1M times the remaining kWh.
** Average monthly residential use for residential customers
- 25% level participation: $0.005 charge per kilowatt-hour
- 50% level participation: $0.010 charge per kilowatt-hour
- 100% level participation: $0.020 charge per kilowatt-hour
- Billing also includes an adjustment per kilowatt-hour to compensate for changes in the cost of fuel.
Second Nature is a voluntary program and participants can change their participation level or cancel enrollment at any time. There is no cost to cancel participation.