Alliant Energy General Office – Dubuque, Iowa
20,000-square-foot downtown office building.
Geothermal heat pump system:
56-ton system with WaterFurnace and ClimateMaster heat pumps.
Geothermal loop system:
- Open loop to Alfa Laval plate heat exchanger with one 10-horsepower pump.
- Two 7.5-horsepower alternated closed loop pumps.
At a glance:
- All pumps are controlled by variable speed drives.
- Internal loop temperatures are held at 50-65 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Two fresh-air units utilize closed loop coolant to temper incoming air.
- Electric backup used in extreme winter conditions.
- Mississippi River water in aquifer layer filtered via a 14-inch diameter, 20-foot-long stainless steel microscreen.
Shive-Hattery – Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Giese Sheet Metal – Dubuque, Iowa