Use the constant temperature of the earth for heating and cooling with money-saving geothermal technology.
What are the benefits?
Geothermal heat pumps offer unmatched benefits over traditional heating and cooling systems, including:
- Lower operating and maintenance costs: A geothermal system can cut utility bills by 30 to 50 percent compared to conventional heating and cooling systems. All equipment is protected indoors or underground. A geothermal system can have a life expectancy of up to 30 years; ground loops are often warranted for up to 50 years.
- Low environmental impact and energy-efficient: Ground-source heat is naturally renewable and non-polluting.
- Single system: Geothermal equipment provides both heating and cooling in one system.
- Safety: No dangers of gas leaks or carbon monoxide poisoning.
Investing in a geothermal system can cut residential energy costs by 30 percent over natural gas systems, and up to 50 percent over electric resistance heating. The cost of an average three-ton geothermal system for a 2,000 square foot home is comparable to a traditional system. You'll also need to consider the added cost of installing the ground loop. This will vary on the type of loop chosen.
- Rebates for Iowa residential customers
- Rebates for Wisconsin residential customers (through Focus on Energy)
- Iowa residential low-interest financing program
An energy-efficient geothermal system can be an investment that will help protect your bottom line for years to come. In addition to energy savings, your business will also benefit from lower maintenance costs, more usable space and better comfort for employees and customers.
- Rebates for Iowa business customers
- Rebates for Wisconsin businesses (through Focus on Energy)
- Iowa business low-interest financing program