Alliant Energy’s Minnesota utility is selling our electric distribution systems, related business assets and the operation of those systems to 12 member cooperatives of the Southern Minnesota Energy Cooperative. More information can be found at alliantenergy.com/minnesota.
If you are an Alliant Energy electric customer in Minnesota, your electric service will soon be provided by your local electric cooperative, pending final settlement.
Customers will receive a transition guide from Alliant Energy, a postcard stating the effective sale date and a welcome letter from the local electric cooperative.
For energy-efficiency rebates on electricity-saving projects, you may continue to apply with Alliant Energy up until Thursday, July 30, 2015 at 5 p.m..
- Watch your mail. You will receive a transition guide from Alliant Energy, a postcard stating when the transfer of your electric service will occur and a welcome letter from your new electric cooperative.
- If you have made a purchase that qualifies for an electric rebate, apply as soon as your project is complete.
- Before July 30, 2015 at 5 p.m., apply with Alliant Energy.
- Between July 31 - August 31, 2015, you may apply for Alliant Energy rebates through your local cooperative.
- As of September 1, 2015, ask your local cooperative about the energy-efficiency programs and services they offer. Equipment and project costs incurred more than 30 days after the sale date are subject to your local cooperative’s rebate program terms.
Please consult Minnesota Energy Resources for their energy-efficiency program terms and conditions. You can contact Minnesota Energy Resources customer services representatives at (800) 889-9508.
Recycle your old working refrigerator, freezer or room air conditioner and get up to $50 on the spot from Alliant Energy. We’ll do all the heavy lifting!
Think how often you use that clothes washer. Like every day. So shop smart – make sure you buy an energy-efficient one that won’t take you to the cleaners.
Replacing your old heating and cooling system can cut your annual energy bill by nearly $200 (source: ENERGY STAR®). Sounds like an A in economics to us.
Kick-start your monthly energy savings with a Home Energy Assessment. It’s worth up to $400, but free to all eligible Alliant Energy customers. Upgrade your assessment for $75 and you’ll get an infrared scan of your home’s interior, further pinpointing energy wasters.
Dollar for dollar, nothing packs an energy-efficiency punch like insulation and home sealing. And whether it’s in the attic, foundation or walls, we have yet to find a home that couldn’t use a little more here or there. Take advantage of our great rebates and snug up your home today.
The humble light bulb. The right one can help you save more than $65 on electricity costs (source: ENERGY STAR). So go ahead. Have your own light bulb moment. Replace five of your most-used bulbs with energy-efficient CFLs or LEDs today and watch that electric bill ease on down.
For every dollar you spend on energy-efficient upgrades, you increase the value of your home by up to $25. Saving energy never looked so good.
Older homes sure are charming. Sky-high heating and cooling bills – not so much. Rekindle the romance with new, energy-efficient windows.
We all want to make energy-efficient upgrades and see our energy bills go down. But as we all know, it can be hard to pull together the money to save all that money. Thankfully, there is Low-Interest Financing.
Please read the terms and conditions before completing any rebate claim form.