IMPORTANT NOTICE: Applications for The Efficiency First Renewable Rebates pilot will be accepted through December 31, 2013.
for additional program requirements.
To qualify for renewable rebates:
- You must be an Alliant Energy electric or natural gas customer in Iowa.
- The renewable system must off-set your on-site electric usage
- Complete steps one through five, detailed below, must prior to construction of the renewable system
- Solar water heating projects must be in service within one calendar year from date of online screening
Electric customers rebate = annual kWh savings x $0.35
Natural gas customer rebate = annual therm savings x $2.50
Maximum of $750
Step 1: Use the online self-assessment tool to determine your property’s renewable energy potential installation cost, and rebate amount.
Step 2. Based on the information you provided in step one, Alliant Energy will contact you to schedule the following:
Home Performance with ENERGY STAR audit to determine your home’s annual energy efficient usage. To qualify for a renewable rebate all customers are required to complete the audit. (Fee applies, see chart below)
b. Site assessment to determine your home’s potential to generate renewable energy. To qualify for a renewable rebate all customers are required to complete the site assessment ($50 fee).
- The audit and site assessment may be scheduled on the same day and may take up to five hours to complete
- The required site assessment must be performed by an assessor contracted by Alliant Energy
Step 3: Choose an installer and that will help you review the systems components, options and cost.
Step 4: Purchase and install the solar thermal water heating system.
Step 5: Submit the appropriate renewable rebate claim form.
<< Return to Efficiency First Renewable Rebates