IMPORTANT NOTICE: Applications for the Efficiency First Renewable Rebate pilot will be accepted through December 31, 2013. CLICK HERE for additional program requirements.
To qualify for renewable rebates:
- Online screening, applicable energy assessment and site assessment performed by an Alliant Energy-designated assessor must be completed before construction begins.
- Online screenings for the Efficiency First Renewable Rebates pilot will be accepted through December 31, 2013 at alliantenergy.com/renewablecalculator.
- Projects must be completed and in service within 12 months of the date of the original online screening to qualify for a rebate.
- You must be an Alliant Energy electric customer.
- Renewable system must offset customer usage.
Choose the reward level that best fits your situation, either the Energy Efficient Level or the Standard Level.
Energy-Efficient Rebate Level is the lesser of the following options:
- Estimated first year output in kWh x $1.25
- Optimal annual energy usage in kWh x .75 x $1.25
To qualify for this rebate level, you must satisfy ONE of the following criteria:
- Install all upgrades with a five-year or less payback identified in the Home Performance with ENERGY STAR® audit
- Your house has already passed Alliant Energy’s New Home Construction requirements
- Your annual usage is less than 6,500 kWh
Standard Level is the lesser of:
- Estimated first year output in kWh x $0.75
- Optimal annual energy usage in kWh x .75 x $0.75
Review the benefits of energy-efficiency measures and the Energy-Efficient Level. This example assumes a $99 Home Performance with ENERY STAR audit fee because the customer receives their primary heating energy from Alliant Energy. For customers that do not receive their primary heating supply from Alliant Energy, the audit is $500.
In the example above, by choosing the Energy-Efficient Level the customer received a $1,150 rebate on their solar project, $1,775 in equipment rebates, and will save an average of $185 per year on their utility bill with their energy efficiency upgrades.
Step 1: Use the online self-assessment tool to determine your property’s renewable energy potential, estimated energy output, installation cost, and rebate amount.
Step 2: Based on the information you provide in Step 1, Alliant Energy will contact you to schedule the following:
Home Performance with ENERGY STAR® audit to determine your home’s annual energy efficient usage . To qualify for a renewable rebate, all customers are required to complete the audit. (Fee applies, see chart below)
b. Site assessment to determine your home’s potential to generate renewable energy ($50 fee). To qualify for a renewable rebate, all customers are required to complete the site assessment.
- The audit and site assessment may be scheduled on the same day and may take up to five hours to complete
- The required site assessment must be performed by an assessor contracted by Alliant Energy
Step 3: Determine which of the two rebate levels; Energy-Efficient or Standard, is appropriate using the results of your energy and site assessments. The maximum rebate is the lesser of:
- The renewable system's estimated first year kWh output x the rebate $/kWh amount
- The home’s energy-efficient usage x 75 percent x rebate $/kWh amount
Step 4: Choose an installer that will help you review the system components, options and costs.
Step 5: Submit the interconnection application and fee appropriate for your renewable system.
Step 6: Alliant Energy will contact you regarding the project schedule and meter installation.
Step 7: After the interconnection is approved, you many complete the installation of your renewable energy system and begin generating renewable energy!
Step 8: Submit the appropriate renewable rebate claim form.
<< Return to Efficiency First Renewable Rebates