For Alliant Energy’s residential customers in Iowa
By building an energy-efficient home right from the start, you can save on energy costs and increase your home's comfort level for years to come.
Through our New Home Construction program, we offer base rebates from $600 - $3,500, depending on the square footage of your home, and whether or not your home receives heating and/or cooling energy from Alliant Energy.
ENERGY STAR qualified multifamily facilities are eligible for an incentive up to $1.10 per square foot.
Details are outlined in the 2013 Builder Guide [PDF]. Your builder can provide more explanation of the specifications and help you choose qualifying products.
|Alliant Energy Builder Option Package (BOP) |
| Heating and cooling customers||$2,000|
| Heating only customers||$1,400|
| Cooling only customers||$600|
| Geothermal customers||$1,000 plus additional geothermal rebate|
|Alliant Energy Advanced Builder Option Package (ABOP)|
Requires a HERS rating.
| Heating and cooling customers||$2,800|
| Heating only customers||$1,960|
| Cooling only customers||$840|
| Geothermal customers||$1,200 plus additional geothermal rebate|
|ENERGY STAR Qualified Home|
Requires a HERS rating.
| Heating and cooling customers|| $3,500|
| Heating only customers|| $2,450|
| Cooling only customers|| $1,050|
| Geothermal customers|| $1,500 plus additional geothermal rebate|
All forms are in PDF format
2013 claim forms
2012 claim forms
- All homes receiving a HERS rating must show proof of being IECC 2009 code compliant.
- Homes must be completed within three years of the construction start date to qualify for a rebate.
- ENERGY STAR qualified homes beginning January 1, 2012, or later are required to meet the criteria for ENERGY STAR version 3.0, including all checklists.
- Rebate amounts will be prorated for homes less than 1,800 square feet in size.
- For properties receiving a HERS rating, you must submit a copy of the fuel summary report, thermal bypass and HERS certificate, plus additional Energy Star checklists if applicable.
- Rebate to builder, home owner, or any combination must be specified on the claim form.
To locate a certified Home Energy Ratings System (HERS) rater (required for ENERGY STAR® qualified homes), visit www.resnet.us.
Use our online Dealer Locator to find an energy-smart home builder or contractor near you.
Talk to your builder today, or call our Energy Efficiency Hotline at 1-866-255-4268.
Partnership with ENERGY STAR
Alliant Energy is proud to partner with ENERGY STAR to promote energy efficient homes that save money and protect our environment. Learn more about ENERGY STAR by visiting their Web site at energystar.gov.