There are three New Home Construction rebate package options available in Iowa: the Builder Option Package (BOP), the Advanced-Performance Home (Tier I), and the High-Performance Home (Tier II).
Builder Option Package (BOP)
Heating and cooling customers - $1,000
Heating only customers - $700
Cooling only customers - $300
Geothermal customers - $1,000 plus Geothermal Tier 1, 2 or 3 rebate
Advanced-Performance Home (Tier I)
Heating and cooling customers - $1,400
Heating-only customers - $980
Cooling-only customers - $420
Geothermal customers - $1,400 plus Geothermal Tier 1, 2 or 3 rebate
High-Performance Home (Tier II)
Heating and cooling customers - $1,750
Heating-only customers - $1,225
Cooling-only customers - $525
Geothermal customers - $1,750 plus Geothermal Tier 1, 2 or 3 rebate
For homes meeting HERS score of 50 and 45, a bonus incentive of $300 and $600 is available.
There are also optional bonus rebates for additional energy-efficiency measures, like air-to-air heat exchangers, whole-house fans, and drain water heat recovery systems. See our rebate form for complete details.
- Builders must contact Alliant Energy’s New Home Construction pre-registration hotline at 1-888-476-9534 or enroll online to pre-register your project.
- Homes must be completed within three years of the construction start date.
- Rebate amounts will be prorated for homes less than 1,800 square feet in size.
- Properties receiving a HERS rating must submit a copy of the fuel summary report, IECC 2012 Code Checklist, qualifying SAVE report(s) and HERS certificate, showing IECC 2012 compliance.
- Rebate to builder, homeowner, or any combination must be specified on the claim form.
How do I apply?
First, you must pre-register your home when you start the process. Your homebuilder will complete the rebate form after your home is completed. Discuss rebate allocation with your builder before construction begins.
How do I find a qualified dealer?
- Visit our online Dealer Locator to find a professional in your area.
- To find a qualified HERS rater in your area, view our HERS rater guide.