IMPORTANT NOTICE: Applications for the Efficiency First Renewable Rebate pilot will be accepted through December 31, 2013. CLICK HERE for additional program requirements.
To qualify for a renewable rebates:
- Online screening, applicable energy assessment and site assessment performed by an Alliant Energy-designated assessor must be completed before construction begins.
- Online screenings for the Efficiency First Renewable Rebates pilot will be accepted through December 31, 2013 at alliantenergy.com/renewablecalculator.
- Projects must be completed and in service within 18 months of original online screening date to qualify for a rebate.
- You must be an Alliant Energy electric customer.
- Renewable system must offset customer usage.
Rebate = 50 percent of system cost, up to a maximum of $200,000 per project
The rebate amount will not exceed 50 percent of equipment purchase price.
Step 1: Use the online self-assessment tool to determine your property’s renewable energy potential, estimated energy output, installation cost, and rebate amount.
Step 2: Based on the information you provided in step one, Alliant Energy will contact you to schedule the following:
a. An energy assessment. To qualify for a renewable rebate you are required to complete this assessment (fee may apply).
During the assessment an energy expert will analyze:
- Heating and cooling systems
- Kitchen and laundry appliances
- Windows, doors and insulation levels
An energy assessment will:
- Identify ways to reduce energy use
- Provide estimates on how much improvements will cost
- Estimate how much your farm or ag business can expect to save on your utility bill
b. A site assessment to review your property’s potential to generate renewable energy. To qualify for the renewable rebate customers are required to complete the site assessment ($250 fee)
- The audit and site assessment may be scheduled on the same day and may take up to five hours to complete
- The required site assessment must be performed by an assessor contracted by Alliant Energy
Step 3: Choose an installer that will help you review the systems components, options and costs.
Step 4: Submit the interconnection application and fee appropriate for your renewable system.
Step 5: Alliant Energy will contact you regarding the project schedule and meter installation.
Step 6: After the interconnection is approved, you may complete the installation of your renewable energy system and begin generating.
Step 7: Submit the renewable rebate form.
Call the Distributed Resources and Renewable Energy Hotline at 1-800-972-5325 for details on rebates for renewable systems.
<< Return to Efficiency First Renewable Rebates