IMPORTANT NOTICE: Applications for The Efficiency First Renewable Rebates pilot will be accepted through December 31, 2013. CLICK HERE for additional program requirements.
Your goal to generate renewable power to offset your farm or ag operation’s electrical usage may be closer than you think. Rebates are available on new renewable generation systems including:
Before you consider building your own renewable generation, be sure you are being energy efficient. Oftentimes, the biggest energy-savings and environmental impact are realized by using your existing resources efficiently.
To qualify for renewable rebates:
- You must be an Alliant Energy electric customer in Iowa
- The renewable system must offset your on-site electric usage
- Complete steps one through five of the step-by-step process prior to construction of the renewable system
- For solar PV and wind rebates, customers must install all upgrades with a five-year of less payback identified in the energy assessment
- Solar PV and wind projects must be in service within one calendar year from date of online screening. Anaerobic digester and biomass projects must be in service within 18 months of online screening
Energy assessment = fee may apply
Site assessment = $250
For more information on energy efficiency and on-site generation, view our informational brochure or contact the Distributed Resources and Renewable Energy Hotline at 1-800-972-5325.