For our commercial and industrial customers in IOWA and MINNESOTA
At Alliant Energy we are committed to helping our customers manage their energy needs by reducing usage and increasing efficiency. If you're considering major energy-saving improvements to your facility, be sure to make Custom Rebates part of your plans. Through the Custom Rebates program we offer cash incentives for energy-saving projects that do not qualify for the standard equipment rebates.
Your Alliant Energy account manager will help you determine what new technology can improve your business and estimate your potential energy savings.
Our Custom Rebates program could be your first step to developing a successful energy management strategy for your business. Participation is simple - just contact your key account manager or the Business Resource Center at 1-866-ALLIANT (1-866-255-4268).
Establishing a project's baseline and calculating a rebate are not always simple tasks. In addition, not all projects qualify for an incentive, and the Custom Rebates program is subject to change without notice.
Before making a commitment to proceed with a project, pre-approval must be obtained from your Alliant Energy representative.
- Custom Rebates are available to retail electric and/or natural gas commercial, industrial and agricultural customers of Alliant Energy.
- Energy-efficiency projects must be located within the Alliant Energy service territory. You can call 1-866-ALLIANT to verify.
- Energy-efficiency equipment installed as part of a new construction project may qualify for the Custom Rebates program. However we encourage you to look into the Commercial New Construction program before construction begins to maximize your rewards, receive free energy design assistance and additional cash incentives for owners and developers.
- Contact your Alliant Energy key account manager, or call the Business Resource Center at 1-866-ALLIANT.
- Alliant Energy can help you establish your baseline information and calculate your estimated incentive.
Custom rebates are offered on a variety of high-efficiency measures including:
- Compressed air systems
- Energy management control systems
- Heating and cooling systems
- Lighting fixtures and controls
- Pipe insulation
- Processing equipment
- Refrigeration systems
- Variable frequency drives
- Ventilation systems
- Waste heat recovery systems
- Other equipment that uses electricity or natural gas supplied by Alliant Energy
Only new equipment and used equipment under warranty will be considered for the program.
Before purchasing or installing new equipment, please consult your Alliant Energy representative who will establish baseline information and calculate your estimated incentive.
Incentives based on a percentage of the annual energy dollar savings.
The program requires a minimum payback after incentive. This is referred to as “Net Payback” in the following formula:
Annual energy dollar savings are equal to the estimated savings you will see on your utility bill. If additional energy-consuming equipment is installed in the facility, the savings from any given project may not be apparent on your utility bill.
For a retrofit or replacement project, the baseline used to calculate a Custom Rebate is generally the energy usage for the equipment being replaced. Energy dollar savings for retrofit and replacement projects are actual savings as calculated with in the following guidelines:
- New equipment must meet minimum efficiency levels and be pre-approved by Alliant Energy
- Savings resulting directly from reduced production or shutdown are not eligible
- The baseline for replacing inoperable or worn equipment is the energy consumption of the equipment in its original condition
- Projects must demonstrate permanency or sustainability of savings
- Savings when production levels change shall be calculated based on a per-unit energy consumption before and after implementation
The baseline for a new construction Custom Rebate project varies by equipment type. Your Alliant Energy representative can assist you in determining your project’s eligibility.
Equipment powered by renewable energy sources, such as wind and biomass, is not eligible for the Custom Rebates program.
Energy savings associated with fuel switching are also ineligible for the Custom Rebates program. Fuel switching is defined as changing the power source for an existing function or process, such as switching from a fired system to an electric-powered system.
Contact your key account manager or the Business Resource Center at 1-866-ALLIANT (1-866-255-4268).
Download a printer-friendly brochure:
Alliant Energy does not guarantee that the installation of high-efficiency equipment will result in reduced usage or demand or in cost savings. The manner in which a customer uses and maintains energy-efficient equipment affects potential cost savings. Alliant Energy makes no warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to any equipment purchased and/or installed, including, but not limited to, any warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. In no event shall Alliant Energy be liable for any incidental or consequential damage.
Products and services from Alliant Energy detailed here are offered to retail customers of Alliant Energy. Alliant Energy reserves the right to cancel or change programs at any time.