The purpose of the Training Reimbursement Program is to build the energy efficiency skills of dealers through attendance at approved energy-efficiency courses or trade and technical classes. Alliant Energy will pay 50 percent of the cost of training for approved energy-efficiency courses or trade and technical classes for active dealers per year.
- The dealer must be a member of the Energy Efficiency Dealer Network and have updated insurance.
- Reimbursement is not provided for travel or lodging.
- Alliant Energy will not cover the cost for professional membership conferences.
- This is for advanced energy efficiency training or trade and technical classes only.
- Builder’s Training does not qualify for this program. Reimbursement for this program is available through that specific program.
Sample training providers
- Center on Sustainable Communities (COSC) - Des Moines, IA
- Community Colleges, Technical Institutes and/or University Systems
- Home Builders Associations
- International Ground Source Heat Pump Association
- Iowa Energy Center
- Iowa Geothermal Association
- I-RENEW - Iowa
- Other approved Alliant Energy courses
- Other approved industry trainings
Requirements for reimbursement
Complete and mail in the Training Reimbursement form [PDF]. Be sure to review the guidelines and call the Energy Efficiency Hotline for pre-approval first.
Mail or fax the completed form and supporting documentation to:
P.O. Box 938
Cedar Rapids, IA 52406
Fax: (319) 450-0218
Program assistance and participation will be awarded on a competitive basis until all available funds are exhausted.
Alliant Energy makes no warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to any equipment purchased and/or installed, including, but not limited to, any warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. In no event shall Alliant Energy be liable for any incidental or consequential damages.