Business is about to pick up for electrical contractors
Small Business Energy Solutions helps qualified small businesses make energy-efficient lighting improvements and the incentive is paid directly to you—the electrical contractor. You’ll be paid up to 75% of the total project cost, based on the amount of electricity your customer saves (you receive $0.14 per kWh). The customer pays the balance.
What’s in it for you?
- Grow your customer base
- Earn money as your customers save electricity
- Free use of the program’s Energy Estimator software
- A simple and seamless experience for you and your customers
“The program provides our small business customers with the incentives they need to move forward with worthwhile, but otherwise costly, energy-efficient lighting projects. The program is straightforward and well-supported, which helps make the projects run smoothly.”
Brad Sprague, Paulson Electric
|Contractors||Small Business Customers|
|□ Join the Alliant Energy Dealer Network||□ Electric service from Alliant Energy|
|□ Contact a program representative at 1-866-857-8782 or use online form||□ Annual electric bill less than $50,000|
|□ Complete a program training session||□ Occupy less than 20,000 square feet|
|□ Submit participation agreement and W-9 form||□ Approval from landlord, if facility is leased|
How the program works
1) Contractor evaluates customer’s eligibility and current lighting
2) Contractor develops a lighting project using the Energy Estimator software and presents the proposal to the customer
3) Customer decides to move forward and contractor requests project approval from the lighting program and completes the project installation
4) Alliant Energy pays contractor up to 75% of the project cost, customer pays the balance
The Alliant Energy incentive will typically cover 35 to 55% of the project cost.
You can reach the program team directly at 1-866-857-8782 or use our information request form. We look forward to working with you!