Business is about to pick up for electrical contractors
Small Business Energy Solutions helps qualified small businesses make energy-efficient lighting improvements and the incentive is paid directly to you—the electrical contractor. You’ll be paid up to 75% of the total project cost, based on the amount of electricity your customer saves (you receive $0.14 per kWh). The customer pays the balance.
What’s in it for you?
- Grow your customer base
- Earn money as your customers save electricity
- Free use of the program’s Energy Estimator software
- A simple and seamless experience for you and your customers
“The program provides our small business customers with the incentives they need to move forward with worthwhile, but otherwise costly, energy-efficient lighting projects. The program is straightforward and well-supported, which helps make the projects run smoothly.” -Brad Sprague, Paulson Electric
|Contractors||Small Business Customers|
|Join the Alliant Energy Dealer Network||Electric service from Alliant Energy|
|Contact a program representative at 1-866-857-8782 or use online form||Annual electric bill less than $50,000|
|Complete a program training session||Occupy less than 20,000 square feet|
|Submit participation agreement and W-9 form||Approval from landlord, if facility is leased|
How the program works
- Contractor evaluates customer’s eligibility and current lighting
- Contractor develops a lighting project using the Energy Estimator software and presents the proposal to the customer
- Customer decides to move forward and contractor requests project approval from the lighting program and completes the project installation
- Alliant Energy pays contractor up to 75% of the project cost, customer pays the balance
The Alliant Energy incentive will typically cover 35 to 55% of the project cost.
You can reach the program team directly at 1-866-857-8782 or use our information request form. We look forward to working with you!