Alliant Energy's Energy Efficiency Dealer Network encourages the use of energy-efficient equipment by customers and helps local contractors market these products. Participation guidelines ensure customers that dealers have met a consistent set of requirements.
To be eligible for the program, dealers or contractors must do business in the Alliant Energy service area in Iowa and Minnesota and be involved in the sale of energy-efficient comfort equipment, lighting, building shell measures, replacement windows and all other energy-efficient appliances deemed eligible for Alliant Energy customer rebates.
To qualify, you must sign up and have on file an approved Participation Agreement:
Each participating dealer will be eligible for:
- 10% incentive on water heaters
- 10% incentive on qualified residential geothermal
- 20% incentive available for qualifying, energy efficient agricultural equipment, appliances, heating and cooling equipment, commercial food service equipment, commercial lighting, geothermal systems and equipment financed through IPL’s Low Interest Financing program.
- 20% incentive on programmable thermostats and replacement windows and doors
- Trade show assistance: 50% up to allotted budget (limited funding)
- Training reimbursement: 50% up to allotted budget (limited funding)
- Technical assistance
- Frequent information updates
- Dedicated Participating Dealer Web site and online contractor locator
- Additional programs and services as they become available
You must show proof of status by providing:
- A tax ID number of social security number for sole proprietorship
- A certificate of liability insurance with $1 million in general liability, bodily injury and property damage per occurrence (note: have your insurance agent list Alliant Energy as a certificate holder)
- Proof of Worker's Compensation Insurance
- Proof of automobile liability insurance including coverage for bodily injury and property damage
- Copy of W-9
- A copy of one of the following:
- State or Local Contractor's Registration
- Good standing certificate from the Secretary of State
- Manufacturers Training Certificate
- Workforce Development Registration
Alliant Energy will review materials for eligibility based on the above requirements. Failure to meet of any one of the minimum requirements may make the participation form invalid.
Your participating dealer status can be terminated if you repeatedly submit incomplete forms or have customer complaints on file.
Alliant Energy makes no warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to any equipment purchased and/or installed, including, but not limited to, any warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. In no event shall Alliant Energy be liable for any incidental or consequential damages.