For Alliant Energy's residential customers in Iowa
Every year, more and more people are choosing to cut down on energy waste by adding insulation to attics and walls, air sealing leaks, and upgrading appliances to newer, more efficient models.
Help save energy and the environment by getting a free Home Energy Assessment.
What is a Home Energy Assessment?
If your home qualifies, we'll send a certified energy expert to inspect your home. The auditor will identify ways for you to reduce your energy usage, give you estimates on how much the upgrades will cost, and tell you how much you can expect to save. The auditor may even install some energy-saving measures on the spot at no cost.
The energy expert will analyze many features of your home, including:
- Building construction and tightness
- Heating and cooling systems (if applicable, the energy expert will install a clock-programmable thermostat at no cost)
- Kitchen and laundry appliances
- Lighting (if applicable, the energy expert will install ENERGY STAR® rated compact fluorescent light bulbs)
- Water heating equipment (if applicable, the energy expert will install up to two faucet aerators, a low-flow showerhead, pipe insulation and water heater insulation wrap)
- Windows, doors and insulation levels
How do I qualify?
- Alliant Energy must supply your home's primary heating energy. The primary heating source is the heating equipment permanently installed in your home (furnace, boiler, etc.), all other heating sources (space heater, corn stoves, etc.) are considered supplemental.
- Your home must have been built before January 1, 2003.
- If you are a renter, you must have your property owners approval. (Alliant Energy would be happy to contact your home's owner for approval).
How do I request an energy assessment?
Request a free professional Home Energy Assessment
Call our Energy-Efficiency Hotline at 1-866-ALLIANT (1-866-255-4268).