Be eligible for lower energy prices throughout the year by reducing consumption during periods of high demand
Interruptible customers help us provide reliable, consistent service to all customers by protecting the capacity of the electric system, preventing low voltage issues and even outages.
How it works
During peak usage time, typically during the summer, we will notify predetermined contacts throughout your business prior to curtailment periods.
A typical curtailment works like this:
- Alliant Energy's Systems Operations Center determines the need for curtailment.
- Your company is notified via our Power Manager Communication System.
- Depending on the curtailment option that you have agreed to, your company will reduce usage to pre-determined levels.
- Alliant Energy will notify your business when the curtailment period ends.
Choose your state to learn more:
For information on Locational Marginal Prices (LMP), visit the Midwest ISO Web page where you can view LMP maps, day-ahead price projections and pricing trends from previous years.
- The node for Iowa (IPL) service territory is ALTW.DAEC
- The node for Wisconsin (WPL) service territory is ALTE.COLUMBAL1