You don’t have to wait for a rebate check with the Small Business Energy Solutions program. This turnkey lighting program pays up to 75% of the total project cost right off the top! You simply pay the balance.
What’s in it for me?
- Lower utility bills and reduced operating costs
- Low cost—Alliant Energy pays up to 75% of the total project cost
- A streamlined process designed to work within your busy schedule
- Improved lighting environment
- Contractors you can trust
“We’re looking forward to saving on energy costs and putting that money into growing the business. Participating in the program was very easy. I’d recommend it highly.”
- Janelle McClain, Lion Bridge Brewing Company building owner
How does it work?
|1. Schedule your free lighting evaluation|
Start by selecting a contractor from the qualified contractor list and contact them to schedule a free lighting evaluation.
Your contractor will evaluate current lighting, identify improvement opportunities and provide a proposal with upgrade recommendations, project costs, paybacks and rebate information.
Consider recommended projects, paybacks and rebates from Alliant Energy.
Schedule approved lighting projects with your contractor.
Alliant Energy rebates pay up to 75% of your project cost (you earn $0.14 per kWh saved) directly to your contractor. You simply pay the balance. Plus, you’ll enjoy long-term savings on energy costs.
See how the Small Business Energy Solutions program has helped local businesses make energy- and money-saving lighting upgrades.
American Gothic House Center - Eldon, IA
Installation of new LED bulbs and fixtures enhanced the look and feel of the Center in addition to cutting energy costs by two thirds. The museum will have a payback period of less than 2.5 years with annual energy savings. Read more
Lion Bridge Brewing - Cedar Rapids, IA
As part of a renovation, Lion Bridge Brewing incorporated LED lighting and lighting controls at a major savings through the program. They expect to save over $6000 a year on their annual electric bill.
Building Materials - Fort Madison, IA
Building Materials looked to the program to update their old fixtures and improve a dim showroom. Their new fixtures are 40% more efficient and better showcase inventory. Read more
Flowers by DZyne - Grinnell, IA
The program covered 62% of the project cost to update lighting at Flowers by DZyne, which resulted in higher quality lighting to showcase floral arrangements. The remaining costs will be paid back in less than 10 months. Read more
To be eligible to participate in Small Business Energy Solutions, your facility should:
- Receive electric service from Alliant Energy.
- Have an annual electric billing of less than $50,000.
- Occupy less than 20,000 square feet.
- Receive landlord approval if the facility is leased.
- All replacement fixtures and bulbs must be ENERGY STAR or Design Lights Consortium qualified.
- Qualified contractor list
- Small Business Energy Solutions fact sheet
- Small Business Energy Solutions FAQ
Looking for more ways to save?
Check out Alliant Energy’s other business programs and rebates at alliantenergy.com/rebates.
Fill out our contact form for general program questions or comments or call us at 1-866-857-8782.