Emergency? Call 1-800-ALLIANT (800-255-4268)

FAQs - Assistance Programs

See answers to frequently asked questions about assistance programs.

Do you offer gift certificates?

Yes, gift certificates are available in any denomination and can be used to pay all or part of any Alliant Energy utility bill.

What is Hometown Care Energy Fund?

Through Hometown Care Energy Fund Alliant Energy offers free, confidential financial help for the elderly, disabled and families trying to make ends meet.

Funds contributed by our customers and shareholders (and matched by the Alliant Energy Foundation), are paid to community-based non-profit organizations for distribution to customers in need.

Learn more about contributing to the Hometown Care Energy Fund.

How can I get help paying my heating bill?

The Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program is a federally-funded program that helps low-income households with the costs of energy used for home heating and cooling. Applications are accepted on a first-come, first-served basis to households with the greatest need according to targeting factors.

What types of other assistance do you have for low-income families?

In addition to LIHEAP, the federally-funded Weatherization Assistance Program helps reduce the heating and cooling costs for low income families by improving the energy efficiency of their homes.