Abundant agricultural resources, easy access to markets and a pro-business attitude create the foundation for a vibrant food processing industry in Alliant Energy's three-state area.
Why the Midwest?
Here's a quick look at just a few of the advantages of doing business in the Alliant Energy territory:
- Abundant raw materials, with a substantial, diverse agricultural base. See a map of agriculture in the Alliant Energy service territory [PDF format].
- Packaging companies, machinery and equipment manufacturers, suppliers and support services for food processing.
- Well-educated and productive work force with professional/technical skills in food processing and advanced manufacturing.
- Strong Food Processing industry presence.
- Great quality of life with short commutes and an abundance of leisure activities. The Alliant Energy states rank high in livability, including affordable housing, lower personal and property taxes and quality of schools.
- Reliable energy and modern infrastructure. Armed with the latest analytical tools and instruments, Alliant Energy's PowerCure team works with your company to identify and solve power quality problems. Read more about Alliant's Energy Expertise.
What Our Customers Say
Barilla America, Inc. - Ames, Iowa
When considering a U.S. facility, location was a key factor driving Barilla's decision. They found what they were looking for in the 240-acre site in Ames, Iowa, located on Interstate 35 with a Union Pacific line running along the site. Alliant Energy assisted the project by constructing a substation near the Barilla facility and agreeing to share in the cost of any necessary underground electrical service.
Interstate Meat Service - Albert Lea, Minnesota
"It was a deal we couldn't pass up. Not only did Alliant Energy help us with the research, they also helped us with the financing. We had lots of good input from our Alliant Energy representative that helped us make an informed, intelligent decision. It was a pleasure working with Alliant Energy. I definitely recommend Alliant Energy to other companies who are considering expansion."
Dick Andersen - Financial Manager
Didion Milling - Cambria, Wisconsin
"Not only did we receive valuable input from Alliant Energy, they also provided the capital we needed to finance the energy-saving measures. It's clear that Alliant Energy has a commitment to helping its customers save energy."
John Didion - Chief Executive Officer
Fremont Farms - Malcom, Iowa
"Alliant Energy worked with us to design a primary electrical distribution system that would be built in phases paralleling our construction schedule. This approach reduced our initial capital cost for the system and has allowed us to make changes in the electrical distribution system as we made modifications to the design of each building.”
Stoney Hinshaw, Complex Manager
There are available sites in the vicinity of research and training institutions! Search all listings using our online database!