Only a select number of communities will be accepted into the Alliant Energy Hometown Rewards program. Even if you’re not sure if your town is ready for the program, talk to key community groups and influential residents. You might be surprised to discover the extent of the resources that your town has available to support your participation.
The first step in applying for the Alliant Energy Hometown Rewards program is filling out the application.
Prior to filling out the application, we suggest that you hold a meeting with influential community members who are passionate about energy efficiency and community betterment. Present the program to them, and discuss the following questions:
- Can your community support the Alliant Energy Hometown Rewards program?
- What energy-efficient project would you like as your reward?
- What questions do you have about the Alliant Energy Hometown Rewards program?
- The Alliant Energy Hometown Rewards program is offered in the Alliant Energy Iowa service territory.
- Qualifying communities must have Alliant Energy electric or a combination of electric and gas service.
- The Alliant Energy Hometown Rewards program can support 2-3 towns simultaneously. The program has a goal of enrolling approximately 6-7 communities over the next 5 years.
- Application enrollment windows will be set based on program need and will occur periodically throughout the next 5 years.
- Prior to your community launch, Alliant Energy will meet with your Hometown Rewards committee to help develop goals, marketing strategies and to discuss available energy efficiency opportunities.
- The community analysis will help your community understand their current usage, the current level of energy efficiency participation and opportunities for improvements.
- Community committee members are asked to serve for a minimum of 2 years.
- Community committee members will be the primary driver of the program within the community and will work with the community members to achieve program goals.
- Alliant Energy will provide resources, guidance and expertise to the community program initiatives.
- Please confirm that your application is complete. Incomplete applications will not be considered for program enrollment.