Each Community Grant Request is reviewed with regard to:
- The compatibility of the organization's goals (and those of the specific project, program or initiative) with the Foundation's priorities and available resources;
- The financial needs of the organization;
- Past practices and the experience of the Foundation and the Alliant Energy family of companies with respect to that organization;
- Capability and reputation of the organization;
- Funds available to the organization from other sources, including specific interest from other corporate or charitable foundations;
- The extent to which the project, program or initiative duplicates others or the work of other organizations;
- The public scope and impact of the proposal;
- The amount of operating support provided to the organization from the United Way. The Alliant Energy Foundation contributes more than $500,000 annually to United Way organizations across the company's utility service area, and therefore seeks to limit support for United Way member agencies.
Upon review by the Foundation staff and with input from local employees in Alliant Energy's service areas, projects, programs or initiatives that are of interest to the Foundation will be considered for funding.
If necessary, the Foundation staff may request additional information about the organization, its proposal, general objectives of the project and/or an on-site visit by Foundation or Alliant Energy representatives.
Brochures and fact sheets