Alliant Energy recognizes outstanding community leadership in young people and helps students reach their academic goals.
Up to 25 $1,000 scholarships are awarded to students annually through the Alliant Energy Innovation Scholarship Program.
Award selection is based on participation in a leadership role in community service activities and volunteer work; academic grade point average; standardized test scores; and the content of a 300-word essay submission.
To be eligible, scholarship applicants must have participated in a leadership role in community service work or volunteer activities. They must also meet the following criteria:
- Be age 24 or under;
- Be a dependent child of a current customer, or be a current customer, of one of Alliant Energy's utility subsidiaries (Interstate Power and Light or Wisconsin Power and Light);
- Have a cumulative high school grade point average between 2.50 and 4.00 on a 4.0 scale (or the equivalent) - emphasis will be placed on community service leadership activities;
- Reside within the Alliant Energy service territory at the time of application; and
- Plan to enroll in, for the first time, beginning in the fall of 2017, a full-time undergraduate course of study at an accredited two- or four-year college or university, or vocational-technical school located within the Alliant Energy service territory.
Employees of Alliant Energy Corporation, Scholarship America, their subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies and their immediate family (spouses, parents, children or siblings and their spouses) and persons living in the same household of such employees, who are employed at the time of application are ineligible to receive a scholarship.
A scholarship committee will carefully review each application in search of the most deserving recipients. Judges will consider several criteria, including:
- Leadership experience and community service or volunteer activities;
- Academic grade point average;
- Standardized test scores; and
- The content of a 300-word essay submission.
Rank-in-class will not be a determining factor. Scholarship awards are for one year only and are limited to undergraduate study. Applications will be accepted from December 1 to February 15.
FOR ANY QUESTIONS regarding the Scholarship Program, please contact Kandy Fraley, Program Manager, 507-931-0645 or firstname.lastname@example.org.