The Alliant Energy Foundation is an independent, non-profit philanthropic organization funded solely by an annual contribution from Alliant Energy Corporation, using shareowner dollars.
The Alliant Energy Foundation resulted from the merger of the charitable foundations and corporate-giving programs of the former IES Industries Inc., Interstate Power Company and WPL Holdings, Inc., which merged to form Alliant Energy in April 1998.
The Foundation's board of directors is comprised of representatives from across Alliant Energy's utility service area and funding decisions are considered on both a local and regional basis.
The Foundation, which is operated as a separate legal entity, is governed by a Board of Directors. The board, comprised of officers and leaders of Alliant Energy Corporation or its subsidiaries, reviews the Community Grants program guidelines on an annual basis.
The Foundation Executive Director manages the day-to-day operations of the Foundation and its programs. With input from local Alliant Energy employees, the Foundation staff develops and administers all Foundation programs aimed at improving the quality of life in the communities where Alliant Energy has a presence.
Alliant Energy Foundation Board of Directors
- Bob Bartlett, Director - Public & Community Affairs
- Kevin Burke, President - Alliant Energy Transportation
- Jim Gallegos, Senior Vice President and General Counsel
- John Larsen, Senior Vice President - Generation
- Linda Mattes, Vice President - Energy Delivery Operations
- Wayne Reschke, Vice President - Human Resources
Alliant Energy Foundation officers
- President: Jim Gallegos
- Vice President: Kevin Burke
- Secretary: Julie Bauer
- Treasurer: Colleen Thomas
- Julie Bauer – Executive Director
- Jo Ann Healy – Senior Program Manager (Wisconsin)
- Leah Rodenberg – Program Manager (Iowa and Minnesota)